From old fortified towns and rural areas in the surroundings of Ozalj, passing Kupa river valley and the underground world of Vrlovka cave all the way to delicious dishes of traditional Croatian cuisine – all this you will encounter during an exciting cycling adventure in the region of Ozalj.
40 € (270,00 kn) per person* (+ optional bike rent)
*min 6 pax
Options (additional cost) and discounts:
Optional add-ons (info upon request):
Duration: 5h activity + visit to Vrlovka cave and Ozalj
Difficulty: moderate bike tour (B2-3)
Length / elevation: 55-70km (depends on the fitness of group)
Road configuration: mostly paved road, some gravel in the first part
The tour is suitable for recreational cyclists, the pace will be adapted to the group; since we are using electric bikes the harder uphills should be light work. The length is 55-70 km, depending on group fitness, previous experience and wishes of the group.
– transfer of bicycles is taken care of by VMD
– own means of transport to Gornje Pokupje or one of the following options:
– group transfer – if there is a larger number of request, the VMD team will offer group transfer by mini-bus
– private transfer – should you wish for a carefree excursion it is possible to organize a private transfer with car, van or mini-bus depending on group size.
– car rental – VMD offers quality vehicles for an affordable price in cooperation with our partner M.A.C.K. rent-a-car.
– optional lunch in a local agrotourism facility (18 € (130,00 HRK) per adult, drinks not included) offering autochthonous dishes of the region
– cycling clothing and shoes (the everyday gear can be left in the support vehicle)
– weather jacket (rain and windproof, GoreTex or similar)
– sunglasses and hat, in case of hot and warm weather (March-September)
– min 1,5l water per person
– warm clothes for visiting Vrlovka cave (8-10 ⁰C)
– historic center of Karlovac
– Aquatica – freshwater aquarium in Karlovac
*for more info on optional activities and visits in the area contact our experts in the VMD Adventure Laboratory
The temperatures in the cave are around 10°C so warm clothing is advised for the visit, for the walk comfortable sports shoes are recommended.
Ozalj region has a typical continental climate with hot summers and cold winters. Spring and autumn may be rainy, especially because of the vicinity of the Kupa river, it is, therefore, necessary to have appropriate clothing handy at the start of the tour as well as a change of clothes which you can leave in the support vehicle during our activity.
Our adventure team is actively following weather forecasts as well as other elements that may influence the implementation of the tour. In case of severe weather conditions (strong winds, rain, etc.) or any other inconvenience (road and transfer conditions) the team will inform you in time and advice you about equipment and the like. Furthermore, our experienced tour leaders will be free to suggest alternative activities nearby in case of such adverse conditions which would make the original tour significantly less enjoyable. With the broad experience and drive for exploration of our team of tour leaders, there will be no shortage of ideas for alternative adventures – hopefully, there will be no shortage of your enthusiasm for them! The famous saying proved to be true time and again ‘THERE IS NO BAD WEATHER, ONLY BAD EQUIPMENT’.
Our adventure experts in the Zagreb office will give you advice and answer questions you might have in connection with appropriate outdoor gear, literature and similar. Give us a call, we are here for you!
29 years of experience in the organization of hiking programs in Croatia and around the world, combined with a team of well-versed tour guides who are passionate about nature and cultural and historical heritage, this is the recipe that results in every tour concocted in the VMD adventure lab being a successful ‘experiment’. Let us introduce you to the secrets of adventurous Croatia in a safe and interesting way! More about our tour leaders and the office crew here: VMD GUIDESContact