Tourism is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Every day, tourism affects millions of people across the globe, having a strong impact on the local community, culture, traditions and customs as well as wildlife & environment.
VMD Travel Agency has joined the global inititative to develop a more sustainable type of tourism, which will minimise the negative economic, environmental and social impacts of travelling and help to develop, strengthen and protect the local community and environment.
As such, we are involved in international projects such as TRAVELIFE, which try to help different organizations involved in tourism to create business processes in accordance with the main policies of Responsible Tourism (for more on TRAVELIFE visit www.travelife.org).
Our company has committed itself and is working to introduce the appropriate management procedures, suggested by the TRAVELIFE project. An appointed sustainability co-ordinator obtained the personal Travelife certificate and elementary steps and good practices are in implementation. During this engagement stage we are preparing for reaching Travelife award in future.
In order to succeed in developing A RESPONSIBLE TOURISM BUSINESS PROCESS, VMD also worked on raising the quality management of the business. We are proud to say that we have applied for and obtained the ISO 9001: 2008 certificate, which is one of the best known internationally recognized quality standard in tourism (for more on ISO visit http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_9000).
To sum up, although the concept of RESPONSIBLE TOURISM is relatively new to Croatia, VMD Travel Agency is working hard on getting our business „on the right track“ and help the local communities and environment in becoming a permanent and ever-available heritage of Croatia and the world.
We care about the locals and we even care more about their environment!
Our programs follow the outlines of the 2002 Cape Town Declaration on Responsible Tourism in Destinations which marks RESPONSIBLE TOURISM as a tool that:
- Minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts• generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well being of host communities
- Improves working conditions and access to the industry
- Involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life chances
- Makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage embracing diversity
- Provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues
- Provides access for physically challenged people
- Is culturally sensitive, encourages respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence”
For more on HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE to the development of RESPONSIBLE TOURISM visit: